3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to join as I'm in the process of some minor updates on a 2007 3.8L series 3 in a Buick Lucerne. Intake, exhaust and rockers (mostly ZZP components) so looking for a experience tuning shop in the Chicago NW suburbs Illinois area on the 3.8L S3. The one thing I need to make clear it's not for 1/4 mile runs but to get as much as I can out of the NA 3.8L more for highway travel and looking for any additional HP and TQ which I know will be minor.

The Lucerne is a lost stepchild as almost anything available on any other vehicle with a 3.8L series 3 can be found off the shelf but there's always a "*except Lucerne" or it's not even listed for the part or tune.

I did search for information on the forum but some of the information was DOA, so that's the reason for the post and any additional information will always be welcomed. Yes it's a Lucerne but even ugly and slow vehicles need love to LOL.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Decided to join as I'm in the process of some minor updates on a 2007 3.8L series 3 in a Buick Lucerne. Intake, exhaust and rockers (mostly ZZP components) so looking for a experience tuning shop in the Chicago NW suburbs Illinois area on the 3.8L S3. The one thing I need to make clear it's not for 1/4 mile runs but to get as much as I can out of the NA 3.8L more for highway travel and looking for any additional HP and TQ which I know will be minor.

The Lucerne is a lost stepchild as almost anything available on any other vehicle with a 3.8L series 3 can be found off the shelf but there's always a "*except Lucerne" or it's not even listed for the part or tune.

I did search for information on the forum but some of the information was DOA, so that's the reason for the post and any additional information will always be welcomed. Yes it's a Lucerne but even ugly and slow vehicles need love to LOL.
Your best bet will be sending your PCM to DYNO TUNE MOTOR SPORTS(they are in OHIO). I have used them for my GTP. The PCM tune worked out much better than I expected. Highly recommended! Go on line to find their phone number or contacts. When I had my PCM tuned, I mailed it to them and they returned it the same way. IT WORKED OUT EXTREMELY WELL. I highly suggest this for you. You won't be disappointed! Mr Goodwrench (jake). When it's all said and done, let us know how this all worked out for you. PS, Brian at dyno tune is a PCM MASTER TUNER !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts