3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I have a L67 97 LSS that i've done some stuff too, and am in the process of tuning it via HP tuners.
the most important stuff to mention is the 180* tstat 3.0 pulley 1.9 rockers l76 springs headers and meth injection with a progressive controller. It also has a mild built trans. I've also got a plx wideband and an AF interceptor to keep my eye on things to avoid disaster. I've had two L67 cars before but this is the first time i've gone past the usual 3.4 headers combo. Also this is my first time tuning anything myself. I have made some progress but im having the most trouble with transitional knock. If roll into the throttle to wot it doesn't knock. If I stab the throttle i've seen spikes to like 5-6 degress of KR, which is ...worrisome to say the least lol. so i've been avoiding absolutely beating on the car, but whats the fun in that? Its running 20* of timing @ WOT and fueling doesnt seem to be consistent sometimes its quite rich 10.5ish sometimes its closer to 11.3-11.5. I have saved all the adjustments ive done over 5-6 different tunes, including keeping the original unmodified tables just in case. I haven't really done much other then mess with some final timing and some small fuel changes.

Hope someone can help a brother out !

·
Administrator
1,472 Posts
Since the semi-spam-looking random reply as 1st post brought this back up...

You seem to have too much pulley for minimal mods, with the meth probably helping try to counter that excessive heat once it kicks in. The physical nature of a pump trigger and activation of the injection system is going to delay that band-aid heat control when you require it immediately.

There may be ways to tinker with the controller for an early low stage, or else the tune will need to be a bit richer for the AE or earlier application of PE, so you're seeing that extra fuel for a second, until the injection catches up.

Fatal flaw of injection systems is when they either don't work right, or go dry, and your engine sees the full effect of the added heat you're trying to pump in with extra boost/timing/etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts