3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, got the iccu in, ls6 maf and code in pcm, iccu timing table added, and went to the track today.

Guess I need to get it on a dyno to find out where 11.9 A/F is (should it always be around the same value read w/ an autotap (ie 920's)?

If I use base timing, and run the car leaner and leaner untill it starts knocking, then back it up a percent or 2, is that the right way to do it? Or should i know where 11.9 afr is, use that, then just add timing until it knocks, then back it off a lil?

TIA,
Jason

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
how can y'all call this a 'tech' board when it takes forever, IF anyone replies to anything someone not affiliated w/ intense posts?

I would think that the admin, moderators, 'senior' members, would be all over helping someone that asks for it.

Guess not.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Ok, got the iccu in, ls6 maf and code in pcm, iccu timing table added, and went to the track today.

Guess I need to get it on a dyno to find out where 11.9 A/F is (should it always be around the same value read w/ an autotap (ie 920's)?
No, unfortunately it's not anywhere near that simple due to the inherent inconsistency of our narrow band oxygen sensors.

If I use base timing, and run the car leaner and leaner untill it starts knocking, then back it up a percent or 2, is that the right way to do it?
In general, yes, with two caveats. First, it's smarter to have more safetly margin. And second, your 'street' load is much greater than the load the dyno can provide.

Or should i know where 11.9 afr is, use that, then just add timing until it knocks, then back it off a lil?
A careful blend of the two typically yields the best results.

how can y'all call this a 'tech' board when it takes forever, IF anyone replies to anything someone not affiliated w/ intense posts?
Please have a little patience. Yor post is only one day old, and our forum is still less than a month old.

I would think that the admin, moderators, 'senior' members, would be all over helping someone that asks for it.
We're doing our best to help as many people as possible here. And in less than a month, the technical content on this board has already surpassed that of many other message forums.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you do some internet searches for basically anything you will find a TON of forums out there, seldom are they only a month old and offten they have far less posts on them than this board does already.

Give it 6 months and this board will be awesome.. and as said, there is some AWESOME info on here already.. and isn't it worth it to not have a giant post count in your thread but have the few posts IN it, be the ones with the information you need?

:) I can add, I do find even if you have the 'perfect tune' when it's 80 out, once it drops to 40, your car responds totally different. When making high HP make sure to check your params with large sweeps in weather if you intend to get on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts