3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an after market PCM like a dhp and after the case learn my car will pull like crazy up to 90mph, after that my boost gauge falls to half and it feels like my car has hit a limiter just like the TCS does when you spin the tires. It does this no matter how hard into it I am, even if I slowly go over 90mph then get into it. I am running a 3.2 pully, 2.5" off road pipe to the stock mufflers no cat u-bend or res, and a K&N CAI. The plugs are 41-101 I think they are like the stock heat range or one cooler which were put in with new wires in aug. Any clue what maybe the trouble? Do I need to go to a cooler plug? oh ya the car is a 98 GTP last scan for kr was around 1.2* and I have a 180*tstat.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Since it's a DHP PCM, you'll want to contact DHP directly to get that issue taken care of.

An alternate approach would be to try the INTENSE Standard PCM, which eliminates the 'boost dumping' problem you're experiencing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I just got this PCM Im low on funds but what would it cost to go with your PCM or to have mine reflashed? [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Do your fans run with the key off?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1Hot97 said:
Do your fans run with the key off?
Yes the car is doing everything it should but at 90mph goes to like half throtle even if I'm at full throtle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed Autolite 103s today and found a vacuum leak at the port behind the TB the bolts were about 2 turns lose and now the car only does this about every other time i get into it. Should I rest the computer? Or do I still have other trouble?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Reset it and try again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts