3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my engine pull today. 2004 Impala SS 3.8 & 4T65E-HD. Everything was going smooth until I got to the passenger side. I got 4 bellhousing-block bolts out but unable to continue due to the transmission to block bracket on the passenger side. I am able to get the two bolts out holding the bracket to the transmission but I dont even see a way to remove the bolts holding it to the block. And if I am correct, the #5 b*tch bellhousing bolt is way behind this bracket i am unable to remove right? I have two 20" extensions for the bolt when I am able to get to it.

I gave up for the night and going back out tomorrow morning to put it all back together or finish it if I get some answers here. Any help is greatly appreciated everyone. I have searched online and all i have been able to find is "Remove bolts holding transmission bracket to block"...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I went through this an couple of weeks ago so I feel your pain lol. You can get the bracket off of the block pretty easily, try removing the PS pump. Then the bitch bolt will be a straight shot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all, I'm a newbie and wanted to chime in on this topic. I started my L67 to L67 swap yesterday and I just wanted to say thianks for the tip on the "B" bolt. Got it out last night and swapped a couple things to the new engine so I can drop it in this morning. Just wanted to say thanks a ton for the info on the bolt. Made a world of difference!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Its 18mm and if u take a flash light and look u can see it just be patient

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went through this an couple of weeks ago so I feel your pain lol. You can get the bracket off of the block pretty easily, try removing the PS pump. Then the bitch bolt will be a straight shot.
Can you tell me how many bell housing bolts there are total

·
Registered
166 Posts
I pulled the bitch bolt fairly easily from the passenger wheel well using about 3 1/2 foot of extensions. This was a N/A engine however.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts