3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
keepin the fluid cool helps the life of the fluid. Keepin the tranny cool to an extent helps the tranny. If the tranny gets too hot I believe past 260 or 270 it will go into limp mode and the cars power and shift points are all altered greatly until a decent temp is again reached

·
Registered
174 Posts
Intimd8r said:
ok doug, i follow your philosophy, but would'nt a drilled 160 stat do the same thing? what about a double core rad? i don't ever see issues w/ the trans, based on heat....

to an extent, the tranny fluid doesnt pass through as much of an areas as the engine coolant. I know before my tranny cooler I was seein temps around 260 every day in daily driving.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The only REAL benefit from this transmission pan is the drain plug which makes it much less messy when you change the fluid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Intense Trans Pan

The photo looks like the replacement pan has a drain plug built in. Does it? That my make it worth installing irrespective of performance enhancement since it will make draining/replacing the ATF that much easier.

·
Registered
347 Posts
It would be nice to have a drain plug on the trans pan, but $160 just to add a drain plug seems a tad steep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts