3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I finished taking the transmission out of the GTX... I wouldn't call it fun.... :eek: But it is out... I am going to take it to Dynotech for a rebuild on Friday (No I am not going shopping.) We already have a L.S.D., Intense 245 mm converter, and a thrasher shift kit in the transmission.. Our best time so far has been a 12.7 sec run. We race the car a lot... But it is also used as a daily driver in the summer.. I would like this to be the last time the tranmission is out of this car for a long time. What modifications would you all recommend, or think I should not do without? Dynotech will do a performace rebuild using Intense parts.

Some options:
Hardened Input shaft?
Hardened output shaft?
What about a Billet steel flexplate? Should I put one of these in while it is out?

Thanks for any input. And Happy Thansgiving to all. :)
Richard

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have an INTENSE input shaft that is slightly used, perfect condition that I am selling. :) No core charge on the diverter tube either.

$350...I can ship tomorrow.

Also have a slightly used ZZP Pump Shaft I'll throw in for a package deal of $400.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer. I am going to wait and see how bad the transmission is right now. Should know something early next week.

Richard

·
Banned
189 Posts
Richard,

Eric at Dynotech will be able to make solid recommendations for your power level. A few things that come to mind immediately are single chain setup, pawl sprag kit, and input shaft. ( By the way, $350.00 for a used one is a good price. Our belief is that pump shafts fail when the pump processes debris, and are not a priority. Additionally, I have seen the seal hub fall off of aftermarket pump shafts due to machining inconsistencies). Hope this helps.

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jeff: Yes that helps... I don't want to spend money I don't have to, but yet I want to spend the money I NEED to.... :rolleyes:

Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts