3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I changed out the fluid and transmission in my 2003 MonteCarlo SS a little under a year ago. It cured the harsh shift issue it was having where it would throw itself into gear hard. It now has a hard time shifting from second gear to third gear and from third gear to fourth gear (overdrive). The shift from first gear to second gear is a good shift. It hasn’t thrown any dtc’s and the fluid level is good. The car will also hang in gear and almost rev out from the shift from second to third and third to fourth. What could be causing this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make sure you check the fluid with the engine warmed up and in park. Does it over rev when going around corners? this points to a low fluid level. What are you using to read codes? Many lower tier code readers will not read transmission related DTCs. You may have one but not realize it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure you check the fluid with the engine warmed up and in park. Does it over rev when going around corners? this points to a low fluid level. What are you using to read codes? Many lower tier code readers will not read transmission related DTCs. You may have one but not realize it.
I haven’t noticed over revving going around corners.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ll check the fluid level warm on it tomorrow and see where it’s at.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Always go Delco..... for anything electrical. I think you can get a Delco kit on ebay. If not, get them in pieces on Amazon, way cheaper. You may also want to get the harness too, most of the time the connector on the plugs are extremely brittle and will crack...so be aware.

·
Registered
1998 GTP coupe. All stock and rust free. That will change soon.
112 Posts
does this happen at any throttle position? Or Only at part throttle shifts, or only at WOT?

·
Registered
44 Posts
This happens between 1st-2nd, 2nd-3rd shifts when car is warmered and been driving awhile. If you shut off car, then drive again, it'll be fine but hard shift again soon. Doesn't matter about throttle position.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts