3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing a TransGo shift kit in my 05 GTP. I installed the kit to help with a sluggish 4-3 downshift problem. All the shits are quicker and less noticeable. My 4-3 downshift under a load (mountain driving) is still somewhat harsh, but only about half as severe as it was. It's manageable now. All the other shifts were improved. All shifts are quicker without slamming or banging into gear. This kit won't cause the hard shifts that break components or mounts. For a low price, this upgrade is worth the money and is very streetable. (y)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good deal. It's a great set of parts for majority of those trying to keep their shifts clean. It's even the base kit that I'm using in my race transmission, with minor shim tweaks to crank it up a bit more (unnecessary for most applications).

Enjoy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I finally got around to installing a TransGo shift kit in my 05 GTP. I installed the kit to help with a sluggish 4-3 downshift problem. All the shits are quicker and less noticeable. My 4-3 downshift under a load (mountain driving) is still somewhat harsh, but only about half as severe as it was. It's manageable now. All the other shifts were improved. All shifts are quicker without slamming or banging into gear. This kit won't cause the hard shifts that break components or mounts. For a low price, this upgrade is worth the money and is very streetable. (y)
Did you pull apart the drivers side and install the components in there? Overall the kit will help keep/build pressure. Ive never had an issue with 3 or 4. Its always 3rd to 1st or something.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The main kit parts required for helping shifts go into the accumulator housing accessed by pulling the pan and filter. There are a couple of items that go elsewhere, depending on how much work beyond that you want to do.

Should be easy to find instructions on a vendor site, or searching various forums.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Could I ask how many miles on the car when you installed the transgo kit? I had the p1811 code on my 2002 Lesabre when I changed mine at 210K miles. Did you have the code also since it would not have tripped the MIL light? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts