3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'll try posting this here for ideas since i'm getting no where on the HPTuners forum. Since about 3 weeks ago, my car has developed a slip-bump shift under WOT. Here is what i posted on the HPT forum,
My car is setting a p1811 code which is due to the PCM seeing a shift time of 2.7secs! Anything over .65 will set this code and lock the shift adapts. The catch is here, it is shifting so hard and fast it will bark the tires!

So why is it showing these long shift times when in fact it isn't taking that long. Only under WOT do i get a slide-- bang shift. If i put the stock program back into the car, all is well! PC solenoid is commanding max line pressure at all times as well even with stock tables in the trans A4 tabs/tables. Any ideas?
Update,it could be related to my gear swap but it just started a couple of weeks ago and i've had the gears for 2-3 months now? 1ust another thought.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
346 Posts
Rob,

What tables and what changes have you made from stock? That would help us narrow it down.

John

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quick6 said:
Hi all,
I'll try posting this here for ideas since i'm getting no where on the HPTuners forum. Since about 3 weeks ago, my car has developed a slip-bump shift under WOT. Here is what i posted on the HPT forum,
My car is setting a p1811 code which is due to the PCM seeing a shift time of 2.7secs! Anything over .65 will set this code and lock the shift adapts. The catch is here, it is shifting so hard and fast it will bark the tires!

So why is it showing these long shift times when in fact it isn't taking that long. Only under WOT do i get a slide-- bang shift. If i put the stock program back into the car, all is well! PC solenoid is commanding max line pressure at all times as well even with stock tables in the trans A4 tabs/tables. Any ideas?
Update,it could be related to my gear swap but it just started a couple of weeks ago and i've had the gears for 2-3 months now? 1ust another thought.

Thanks,
Rob
Rob,

To be quite honest, if you aren't commanding that amount of time with the software, it's most likely a transmission problem. That's indicated by the 2.7 second time and the slide bang shift. When you go back to stock settings you are clearing and resetting. Have you tried going WOT after reverting back to the stock program?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts