3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may get long. Oh well.

Had a shift kit installed last year. Ran great, but it would rev and then jam into gear when I was doing rolling stop (about 5-10 mph). It would also slip pretty bad going from 4th to 3rd on the freeway going about 60-70ish. Give it some gas to kick it down a gear to pass someone, and it would rev and not go anywhere, then dump it into gear and go.

On a side note, I had the trans rebuilt last year with a new valve body, new TCC, PCS, (some new clutches), and an LSD.. done by Big Jeff.

Back in May, I took my shift kit out when I did my first cam. After the shift kit was out, everything was fine. No rolling stops, no slipping.. nada.

Then I had the Intense PCM installed. Rolling stop problem went away, but now, I get the 4th to 3rd slippage.. and it's getting worse.

Never had a problem with the stock PCM/stock springs on the shift kit, but ever since I installed the PCM and/or the shift kit, it's been giving me issues.

btw, this is with a 4t65 (non HD).

Can anyone give me any advice on what to do?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well on our 4T65E non HD with our L67 bolted to it, we had a slip in the top of first like you described, a long pause rev then bang into gear.. we scoped out the fluid and filter and it was just full of clutch material... if we shifted at a lower RPM it worked fine.. but #1 was gone at the top.

We replaced the trans.. :p I say it's clutches *shrug* but I'm sure someone else will have a more detailed explanation that may say I know nothing LOL :D Good luck bud.

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, it's not slipping at all in first. It's only on the 3-1 kick down (ONLY above 35 mph), and from 4-3 on the freeway.

I really can't see clutches going bad within a year. yeah, I have a bunch of track passes and maybe 15k miles on since last year. However, I went for 4 years and 150 track passes with zero problems with the stock trans. :confused:

Edit - I did drop the pan a few weeks ago becuase I thought something was wrong with the trans. Everything looked fine. A little clutch material, but not anything nearly as bad as what it was before it was rebuilt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts