3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
Mike,

We run plain old mercon in all of our race pieces and our customers cars. Our clutch combos don't seem to like full synthetic fluids.

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
73 Posts
ive used REDLINE D4 full syn in my gt since the flush at 190K, i love it and would reccomend it, its going in the gtp's new tranny from day one.

i have heard that our cars dont like syn, but its worked fine for me, and keeps my temps down, and im not the nicest person to it, lead foot. :D

150 consistantly, but somtimes as high as 180 in hilly windy spirited drives. :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
AAMCO Dextron III. That's what I use, and that's what INTENSE used in their trannys that they used to build. :)

·
Banned
189 Posts
Howdy,

There are as many recipes for this question as there are pizza shops in columbus. Keep in mind that mercon fluiid is already partially synthetic. This was done to limit varnish buildup from old style dexron fluid. I personally think dexron3/mercon is best. Perhaps syn. fluid lubricates better, but we have NEVER seen lubrication related hard parts failure, other than differentials. There is no A.T.F. that can solve that. Better lubrication qualities are not better for clutches that are supposed to provide friction IN MY OPINION. Hope this helps.

BIG JEFF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts