3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I plan on running somewhere in the 12's my question is do I really need a billet flexplate and bulletproof input shaft with this kind of power, I have been thinking maybe I will just do 2nd gen LSD, Raybestos, shift kit(medium), hi stall tc. Since I wouldnt be spending more money on bulletproof shaft and flexplate I could get say an I/C instead, do you think Im better off going with the shaft and flex since i did break a flex before i blew my motor? chime in and tell me what you think/

·
Registered
47 Posts
boostedgreengtp said:
Alright I plan on running somewhere in the 12's my question is do I really need a billet flexplate and bulletproof input shaft with this kind of power, I have been thinking maybe I will just do 2nd gen LSD, Raybestos, shift kit(medium), hi stall tc. Since I wouldnt be spending more money on bulletproof shaft and flexplate I could get say an I/C instead, do you think Im better off going with the shaft and flex since i did break a flex before i blew my motor? chime in and tell me what you think/
Do as much to the tranny as possible NOW since it's the hardest thing to work on. I DO think you would need a hardend I/S but I don't know about the flexplate. Also maybe a Single Chain setup. The hardened output shaft can be replaced with the tranny installed as can the LSD so I personally left those out for now when I rebuilt my tranny. ;)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
boostedgreengtp said:
I have been thinking maybe I will just do 2nd gen LSD, Raybestos, shift kit(medium), hi stall tc./
I've been seriously thinking about doing the same parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts