3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tranny solenoid

well, sometimes the tranny will shift real firm and perfect, then i'll turn off the car and turn it back on and it will shift really mushy. it seems like it's not making, or giving, much tranny pressure when it shifts mushy, but when it's firm, it's real real firm.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dan said:
well, sometimes the tranny will shift real firm and perfect, then i'll turn off the car and turn it back on and it will shift really mushy. it seems like it's not making, or giving, much tranny pressure when it shifts mushy, but when it's firm, it's real real firm.
Sounds like you need a PC soleniod. A bad PC solenoid will cause harsh shifts in city driving, launch shuddering, and harsh garage shifts. This is a very common problem. If a P0748 or P1811 is stored in the PCM, replace the PC soleniod and your problem will be solved. The problem needs to be pretty bad to set these codes though. If you replace the PC solenoid the shifts will be at a factory setting. You can change the line pressure by adjusting the torex screw on the back of the solenoid. Turn it clockwise for firm shifts. DO NOT TURN THE SCREW MORE THAN A 1/4 TURN!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you much! I'm going to replace that solenoid tomorrow. Hope all is well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Its on the trans valve body. The side cover of the trans has to be removed to get it. It can be done at home without pulling the trans out, But its going to most-likely be an all day project. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts