3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When torqued up at the line or just taking off from a stop light. The tranny seems to slip and it feels like the car is running over bricks. It only does it from take off. It will only do it when the tranny is warmed up all the way. Could this be the tranny slipping.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like it could be your TCC solenoid on its way out. If the tranny is to the point that its showing these signs of fatigue, its time to get a rebuild

·
Registered
919 Posts
If he's talking about his Fiero it says he has a manual trans. ;)
In which case I doubt its the TC :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John F said:
If he's talking about his Fiero it says he has a manual trans. ;)
In which case I doubt its the TC :D
The car is a buddy of mine's. I will be doing the rebuild myself for almost free and I just want to get a few ideas about what is going on. BTW does anyone know if you can take the tranny out and leave the motor in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got my 2000 gtp with 33k on it 2 yrs ago... shrotly after i had issues with it downshifting ... it would stay a gear higher and would bog down..usually when i would slow to take a corner and then gas it...

The dealership replaced the Valve Body and the solenoid i beleive.. been running strong since.. now i have +80k miles on it..
BTW how long do your guys trannies usually last.. mileage wise?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Theres no TC on a manual trany!!!!
I dont know how close you are to the side of the car. Like space from trany to the frame. If you have any less than 1 ince of space it wont come out. You have to than take out the motor with the trany. In my cavalier with a 3800 SC and 4t65e hd trany I have to pull out the trany with the motor cause I have like 1/2 an inch to either the side of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts