3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem that is becoming more frequent. Whenever I start my car in the morning, the "Service Traction Control System Soon" message turns on and the "Trac Off" and "ABS" lights turn on. It only does this first thing in the morning or whenever the car accelerates hard. I suspected the wheel speed sensors-I took it to a Firestone to have them inspect all of the wheel sensors-they were okay. I did some research and discovered that it could be the Vehicle Speed Sensor. $70 later, I still have the same problem. I'm stumped; resetting the computer will not do crap (there is probably a connector that is loose in the car but I do not know where it is). Starting the car at any other time of the day will not give me all of these warnings-only first thing in the morning and at night.

*I was driving one night and I turned on the heat: all three lights starting flashing in sync. I turn off the heat and they stop flashing-weird.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only questionable ground point that may be flaky is the ground point underneath the intake. There is a terminal that is fastened by a 10mm bolt; the threads are stripped so it doesn't tighten like it should. That problem has existed for almost two years. Does anyone know what circuit is affected by that ground? This can probably solve this mystery (even though this problem is way more recent than two tears).

I took the car to Firestone yesterday; they could not detect the source of the problem. Apparently, the PCM erases all of the information concerning traction control/abs errors when the ignition is turned off. I will have to leave the car running when the problem manifests itself and take it to Firestone and have them scan the PCM for the codes.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I have the same problem right now. I checked all the grounds and put a new wheel speed sensor on and it's still a problem. I just ordered a new EBTCM from Ed. I'll let you know if that fixes my problem.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Our vehicles do not have a separate TCM; that's why it is called a PCM, not an ECM. He may be talking about the BCM-I had that replaced last year (after having problems with the car being unable to start and the security warning).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Tearing away the dash? Aw man, I'll never get that thing back to normal. What is an EBTCM?
Electronic Brake Traction Control Module.
I think that they cost a bejillion dollars ($500-$700).

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Same thing happened to me. ABS light, traction control off, the whole 9 yards. It was in fact the electronic brake control module. Dealer told me it was 1000 bucks or just under. Luckily, they were nice and did it under warranty even though I was a couple miles past it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts