3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you launch with the Traction control on?

Any difference with a stage 1 intense PCM or DHP?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Pull the fuse. It completely gets rid of the traction control. you also loose magna steer, ABS and HVAC.

·
Registered
314 Posts
the reason you pull the trans fuse is because even with it turned off, if the car recognizes wheels slipping it will pull timing. pulling the fuse disables the whole system.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Xac Xado said:
Are you saying that just turning the button off doesn't help any?
It will help you, but some cars even with the traction control OFF, will still compensate for wheel slipage. Best way to make sure that it does not do that is to pull the fuse. ;)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have my fuse pulled! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can you have it pulled all of the time and not pop a code or have any other trouble?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I would not want to drive around without ABS...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe pulling the fuse only works in Grand Prix's.

For Bonnevilles I believe you'll need to pull the WSS on each of the front wheels. I think this works for 96+

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well as of yesterday I ran my PB of [email protected] with trac on with a 2.15 60ft. yes the driver sucks, but hey it works for me. Otherwise I just keep spinning, it seems like the computer can take power away much quicker than me letting off the gas to stop spinning so dang much.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I tried to launch with the traction control off a few times, and it SUCKED. I hear everyone telling me to turn it off. But I get my best resaults with the traction control on. I get like 1.9-2.1 60fts. Maybe if I practiced with it off they would get better, but I like to stick with what works.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Im going to encourage you to not be content with what you have.
Remember, the traction control pulls timming in escence making your car slower. Didn't you spend money on mods to make the car faster? The logic of sticking with what works instead of practice makes perfect just seems counter productive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
never been to the track yet, but 0-60 gets hurt bad from the traction control as i can confirm. With it off (just the button) I took a 6sec 0-60 with a lazy launch. Could probably get it even lower if i get onto it faster. I did another 0-60 the other day, forgetting to take off the tc, and i ran a 6.6 with the same kind of launch. so even if you arent spinning the wheels, its going to take power from you leaving the tc on.

·
Registered
216 Posts
so which fuse is it under the hood? i am definatley pulling this sucker at the next track meet. also what lights come on so i dont freak

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got a 05 Monte How do i disable it?

My personal best 60 was a 2.2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts