1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who don't know about the free TPS mod, heres the link:

HTML:
http://www.geocities.com/carnutguy/cars/tpsenhancement.html
So I've done this mod, and I notice that as I vary where the TPS is, and very the values at idle and WOT, that my shifts at partial throttle change. I'm almost 99% sure their related, but I can't really prove it, that why I'm posting this on here.

At cruise, the 2-3 shift is very sluggish, and can take almost 2 seconds to catch. The tranny may be going bad. But it didn't start till I did this mod. Also, there doesn't seem to be any type of pattern to this happening. It really only gets worse when I'm giving it more gas, but now WOT.

Can anyone verify that changing the TPS "range" can affect the tranny shifts at curise?

·
Banned
189 Posts
Drew,

I don't know dick about this mod. I have to wonder whether it is causing your issue because although the p.c.m.
is seeing 100% throttle early, it is not seeing a m.a.f. signal
that corresponds with it. I would delete the mod, use a tech 2 to clear your t.a.p. (transaxle adaptive pressures), then drive the car and see what happens. Hope this helps.

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
346 Posts
Drew,

There are two sets of table in our PCMs that control the shift points. The WOT shifts are done when both the the speed AND RPM reach pre-defined values. You're asking about non-WOT. The non-WOT tables control when the shifts will take place as a function of TPS. If you're monkeying around with the TPS values, this is definitely why you're seeing your shift points move at partial throttle.

John

·
Registered
47 Posts
What are your TPS voltages?

You can try reverting back to stock, takes all of a few minutes. I've done this mod on prolly two dozen GPs now, only when done incorrectly are there problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I followed the directions to the T. At WOT, its 4.35, and at idle, its 0.65 roughly. So its not WAY out of whack.

Another possibility is my TPS sensor. I have a L36, but I'm running a ported L67 TB. And I don't remember which TPS I'm running. I've run both without any problems. But I'm not sure if that would affect my problem. I'll prolly try going back to the other sensor, then tuning it to make sure its within range, then see.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll post back up when I get done.

·
Registered
47 Posts
TPS sensors are identical and your voltages are bang on. You could try setting them back to stock but to be honest I don't see it being the trouble. If you find out what the cause is, please let us know.

PS sorry if my first post sounded a bit rude, its been one of those days :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts