3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up m90 supercharger and LIM out of a 02 grand prix that i'm trying to figure out how to put onto my 96 regal which has the l36 motor. I know that i'm going to need
ignition coil bracket
bigger injectors
fuel rail and FPR line
brake booster line
vac lines
spark plugs
snout with modular pulley or offset pulley

I know i am probably missing a lot but that what I need help with and I am also lost on how the bypass actuator works and how i can connect and where to connect the lines

·
Super Moderator
883 Posts
Cylinder heads from a supercharged engine are required, unless you get ZZP's modified lower intake with injector holes for the L36 fuel rails.

The bypass just needs the vac line from the top tree connected. I have made a few posts in the past year discussing this with pictures. The lower port stays open unless you want to plumb/wire in the solenoid (unnecessary), for minimal torque management/traction control purposes that usually get turned off in a tuned PCM anyways.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cylinder heads from a supercharged engine are required, unless you get ZZP's modified lower intake with injector holes for the L36 fuel rails.

The bypass just needs the vac line from the top tree connected. I have made a few posts in the past year discussing this with pictures. The lower port stays open unless you want to plumb/wire in the solenoid (unnecessary), for minimal torque management/traction control purposes that usually get turned off in a tuned PCM anyways.
Ok thank you do you know if zzp's 1.0 pcm will fit in my l36? i emailed them and asked but i was told i would have to buy it to find out..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

So if i get the modified LIM from zzp i can run i my stock fuel rail? i'm not 100% sure but i don't think it has the clearance to go overtop of the supercharger

·
Super Moderator
883 Posts
PCM's don't "fit" necessarily, it's just a method of having it reprogrammed to adjust fuel and other settings to properly work on a new setup.

ZZP may sell that LIM separate, or it may only come with their conversion kit, dunno. The L36 fuel rail is higher than the L67 (I had to extend an L32 rail ~1" to get over my L26 intake before swapping to ZZP logs), but there may be some angles at play. You can piece it together, if it's not having to be relied on to get back on the road right away. (HIGHLY suggested, as I've played the "mod my only car as a limited resources college kid" game, and it's not as fun/productive).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts