3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went to denver for thanksgiving and my car (2000 gtp) felt slugish, but as soon as i got back to okc the car ran regular. Is there something that i can do to keep the engine from feeling slugish in the high alitude of denver since i planing on moving up there soon. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Altitude=poorer performance

·
Registered
108 Posts
scan once you get there and you might be able to drop a pulley size because of the thin air.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to my world. Just look at it this way: FI cars don't suffer as much of a penalty as the NA ones do at altitude. Easy pickin's... :D BTW, if you have a scanner, I might need your services! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
98GSinCO said:
Welcome to my world. Just look at it this way: FI cars don't suffer as much of a penalty as the NA ones do at altitude. Easy pickin's... :D BTW, if you have a scanner, I might need your services! :)
I don't have a scanner but plan on getting one before the spring. I am going to lay low for the winter and save for the much needed mods to = out the high altitude. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, if I'm still in the area when you move out here, let me know if you need help with mods. I'm not the most experienced shadetree mechanic, but I am very detail-oriented. Anyway, if I get stuck, a quick call to the 'ol pops will set things right. :D

·
Banned
165 Posts
You might also want to reset your PCM when you get there to allow it to learn the thinner air.

--Chris

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
I should think that a couple hours would be more than sufficient.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts