3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know nothing about timing, but my questions is; Is the DHP capible of giving me the timing to make power I should be making, or should I consider a means of additional timing with my mods?

DHP, ZZP IC, 2.8, VS cam, 3" DP - no cat, CAI, 42.5lbers.

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
I'm not sure what the timing advance is for the DHP (+3 or 4 maybe?) you may want to email DHP on this. With everything else working correctly and no KR I would imagine +4 is right where you want to be with your mods. Beyond that you may want a custom burn or maybe even look at one of the various tuner suites available to do your own.

·
Vendor
260 Posts
To add to what Todd said, you might consider adding either the DHP PowrTuner or the HP Tuner's VCM Suite to your wishlist. You're approaching the practical ceiling of a cookie cutter PCM and a tuner is going to help you get everything dialed in a lot better. As well you can add timing vs load as well as timing vs RPM. I have not seen HP Tuners but assume this is also the case with them.

So if you're seeing knock with 18 degrees (hypothetical) advance at 5500 rpm and up, you can just program your tuner to pull a degree or two up in that rev range. Of course, this is just an example of what the software can do. You really don't want to be approaching the threshold of knock especially with smaller pullies.

HP Tuners Suite

DHP PowrTuner

Mods, we have paid for advertising.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.