3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apparently, my sc is making a tic, tic, tic, tic, sound...consistantly. if it is the coupler, than is this easy to fix. i have a warrenty, and the mods in my sig, will the smaller pulley void that work needing to be done. any input is great thanks

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You sure its not your injectors firing?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm interesting theory...how come i just started hearing it within the last few months...i've had the car since may...would the pulley make them louder?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
thats why i asked if you are sure its not yor injectors ticking. The coupler is described as tumbling rocks in yoru SC. Is its a very loud tick you can hear with teh hood shut or only when it open? Can you narrow it down to a specific spot? the snout? The rotors?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
around the whole body i will listen again give me five minutes

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i put my ear right next to the front two (left to right) and heard it more clear. so you are prolly right. what do i do to fix this? sea foam? race gas? new injectors?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Merc said:
thats why i asked if you are sure its not yor injectors ticking. The coupler is described as tumbling rocks in yoru SC. Is its a very loud tick you can hear with teh hood shut or only when it open? Can you narrow it down to a specific spot? the snout? The rotors?
yeah, i can hear the tick most prominently in the car at idle at stop lights.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
grandpricks98 said:
i put my ear right next to the front two (left to right) and heard it more clear.
Not sure I understand what you mean by the front 2? Front 2 injectors?

Your injectors are suposed to click.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
really. sorry for wasting your time. i am just a paranoid psych schitzo when it comes to my car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts