3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard lots about upgrading the throttlebody and was wondering what the hierarchy is regarding performance. Also is there a decrease in mileage or any other drawbacks for changing or porting a TB?

Which can provide most HP?
Best value?
What TB is better matched for what mods/ where is the cutoff where it becomes a restriction?

LS1
GTP ported
standard GTP
Northstar

to be more specific I have 3.25 and 5-6 degrees of KR. 1.9 RR and PEMs will be on next week with a DP to follow shortly thereafter.

I am looking at ported blowers and TB and wanted to know what to expect?

·
Registered
467 Posts
With your mods, a 72mm TB wold be a good fit, going to a 75mm would be a waste until your deep in the 12's. a ported stock is good through the 13's, but the fueling problems are a pain in the ass w/o a mini-afc. After porting a bunch of TB's, I found the early 97/98 TB's bored to 72mm, with the maf post removed, and running an outboard LS1 maf to be a very reliable combo.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah i didnt install the LS1 TB till i was mid 12s!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went from 14.46 to 13.65 with the addition of the ZZP SE LS1, LS6MAF, and a 4" FWI. I am expecting more now that I am DHP PowrTuner ;) .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.