3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just threw in a set of Autolite 103's double platinum gapped at about .52 each.

Car seems to be running fairly smooth (could be the race gas that's still in there from Sat. night's racing :) )

I did a few WOT runs with the new plugs. Through first and second there's no knock, and when it goes into third I've got a spike of about 4.5* :confused: and then 0* (I'm thinking maybe a tranny issue)

I just wanted to get your feedback on this. Thanks.

-Doc

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Was the KR spike right at the shift point? If so that is teh PCM pulling timing to protect itself when it shifts. Most cars will do that. Mine does it.

Also is it just a flash of KR or does it stay consistant in 3rd gear?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What exactly does the KR cause? Or how do you know when you have KR? i dont have a KR meter. Because i put some new plugs in my car a while back and i have been noticing when i puch it while i am driving about 35-40 mph it sounds like my engine is misfireing?

BUt it only happens when i slam on the gas pedal like at the track right as soon as i launch or when im driving at normal speeds then punch it? Other then that my car runs smooth. also i just put new wires and a new coil pack on and it still happens?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts