3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember there being a thread on regalgs about having to send your order to SSAC via PayPal , with the order description in the comments on PayPal. That's what I ended up doing last week when I placed an order with them, they promptly took my money and the package was shipped the next day. The scheduled arrival date was April 2nd, and it arrived on April 2nd. Everything was gravy, until I opened the box. I didn't even take half of the parts out of the box and I was already heated. I'm sure I don't have to post what REAL SSACs look like as you all know, so I'll show you what arrived at my house yesterday:

If you haven't caught it already, here are some close ups of the main parts that will not work:

Look familiar? Like maybe the POS OBX headers on eBay?

So I sent them a nice e-mail yesterday, pictures included, and asked that they make it right or refund my money, woke up this morning to no reply. E-mailed them again this morning saying that I have been nice enough to not put this issue out all over the 3800 community, and that I may be forced to if they aren't willing to take care of their customers.
After that I decided to do some research. I stopped home on my lunch break and got any useful information off of the packing label that I could. Here's what I had to work with:
Customer Service
Kidult Garden
16716 E Johnson Dr.
City of Industry, CA 91748

And then this number: (626)-598-0113

When I got back to work I skimmed through SSACs site to try to find any kind of address or some sort of way to contact them other than the e-mail I tried twice already. The only thing they list is a FAX number, so I tried faxing them from work. You guessed it, it didn't go through, the number is no good.

After that I decided I would try the number that I posted above from the packing label, I figured it would either be a number for FedEx or SSAC, but here's where I almost went through the roof.
I called the number and a guy answered on the other end that had quite the accent that I could barely even understand. I asked if I was speaking to FedEx or SSAutoChrome, and he replied with an answer I couldn't understand. I asked again what company I was speaking to, and he replied "this is eBay customer service".
EBAY!
Did they really take my $250 and send me an eBay set of OBX headers for half the price?!?!

I e-mailed SSAC for the third time immediately after I got off the phone. Said I know what they did and they need to fix it NOW, before I post this on all the 3800 boards, report them to the BBB, and if it comes down to it I will be involving a lawyer.
Stage one is in effect.
Still haven't heard anything from them, and believe me I am pissed.
I have tomorrow off and was going to begin the tear down, well now that I don't have headers who knows how long it will be before this gets fixed and I can start my build.
/rant

Anyone ever hear of anything like this happening?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I don't get why you're tripping those headers look damn good and can't see why they wouldn't work for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm dealing with this same problem. I ordered a set from them a few weeks ago, finally showed up at my doorstep last week.
Upon receiving them I noticed right away that these weren't the slp/speed daddy style they used to send out, instead these are crappy pacesetter knock-off's/obx style.

I thought I'd give them a shot anyway since they're still a 3" header, just a little bit different, and the primaries are a little bit bigger than the speed daddy's they used to sell.

Anyway, I got the rear and front header on with no problems yet, but when I went to install the crossover, I immediately noticed that it doesn't fit correctly. The crossover basically touches the transmission during its whole path, and it doesn't even match the front flange correctly. The only positive about it is that it at least goes into the right spot. I even grinded off part of the flange to try to make them fit better, but it's still no where near perfect.

i'll be out with a torch tomorrow to heat the front manifold up and try to bend it to a better position, but for now, I also am severely disappointed.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
ssac changed their style, when we built my buddy's 07 prix he had ssac's that looked exactly like those and the crossover didn't fit perfectly, ended up bending the crossover to fit and they worked, the coloration is pretty cool on these the welds are nice, but i dont like the job on the flanges that bolt to the head it seems really cheap

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't get why you're tripping those headers look damn good and can't see why they wouldn't work for you.
They could be 14k gold plated and if they don't fit they aren't worth a dime. Do you see why they might not work now? Or are you going to suggest I run true duals like someone on another board?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sucks that this happened to anyone else, but at the same time I'm glad I'm not the only one. Anyone ever get a hold of anyone at SSAC and ask why they changed the style and jacked the price up?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would be pissed too they've changed what there selling to the cheap obx style but if you look at there website the pics are the old style

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
if you want the SLP quality and style, spring for SLP's and you won't be disappointed

I haven't seen them in person but i've heard TOG's are better yet than SLP's

SSAC's were never known to be all that great for durability or fitment

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you want the SLP quality and style, spring for SLP's and you won't be disappointed

I haven't seen them in person but i've heard TOG's are better yet than SLP's

SSAC's were never known to be all that great for durability or fitment

You can't beat SSACs (the ones they show on their site, not the ones I got) for the price, a little copper RTV and some v-band clamps and you're good to go. Never heard or any figment issues other than what was posted in this thread.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
They could be 14k gold plated and if they don't fit they aren't worth a dime. Do you see why they might not work now? Or are you going to suggest I run true duals like someone on another board?
Uh huh I understand However I don't understand your off comment about true duals could've kept that one to youreself . to put things in perspective you could always have a exhaust shop Fix the crossover

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uh huh I understand However I don't understand your off comment about true duals could've kept that one to youreself . to put things in perspective you could always have a exhaust shop Fix the crossover
I apologize, but like I've said on the other boards I posted this to see if anyone else has had this problem along with warn people not to waste their money until we figure out what is going on. The comment came from another board where someone said I could probably run true duals with how the crossover is. I understand I can do whatever I want and spend more money to have someone fix it, but the issue is that SSAutoChrome has pictures on their website and they sent me something completely different that I'm not happy with at all.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I apologize, but like I've said on the other boards I posted this to see if anyone else has had this problem along with warn people not to waste their money until we figure out what is going on. The comment came from another board where someone said I could probably run true duals with how the crossover is. I understand I can do whatever I want and spend more money to have someone fix it, but the issue is that SSAutoChrome has pictures on their website and they sent me something completely different that I'm not happy with at all.
Trust me I would be irate too but at this point between trying to get the company to take them back shipping etc.... I could've just got an exhaust shop to slice the crossover and reweld for probably 50bucks. So I'd probably just bite the bullet on that man. Best of luck on this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.