3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everybody. I keep reading about this turbonator electric supercharger and i wanna know if its a bunch of bull sh*t or the real deal. It is just an extremely high speed fan that goes in your intake pipe after the air filter.

I assume it's garbage seing that its only 80 bucks for a "supercharger", but has anyone actually used it? It claims 30 horsepower or some ubsurd number and im not stupid enough to beleive that, but has anyone seen any gains from it or known someone that did?

Just wondering what the word is. Thanks in advance for your help.

Greg

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've never used one or seen one in action but I think they're crap. I have spoke with a lot of people in the performance industry about these things. Not one has had a single good thing to say about it. Most of them are just stupid plastic fans. The motors on these things are not capable of spinning fast enough to generate any type of boost. Infact they are probably actually an obstruction. The blades will probably not be able to hold up to the amount of air that the engine is trying to pull in and they'll wind up braking and getting blown right into your intake. Imagine the damage that will cause. If I were you I'd stay as far away as I can from something like that. $80? When it comes to your car, never skimp on price. Remember, you get what you pay for. Save another $80 and get a stage 1 TB instead.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Its basicly a fan/motor used to cool in-board boat motor compartments, you can by them through a boating supply distributer for a fraction of what that e-bay idiot sells them for... (like $15 or $20 as I recall)

I suppose if you hooked the thing up to a small normaly asperated engine you would get a little benifit... a couple of HP maybe, improved acceleration...

If ya read the write up though, the jackleg kit the e-bay idiot sells has a swich hooked up so it only comes on at WOT... makes sense if the throttle is closed and to save the battery...etc.
But the rest of the time you're driving, the fan blades effectivly block your intake plenum... (hindered performance)

It's basicly bs... if you had a little 'ol beater car with fuel injection it would probably be fun to play with for the $20 investment to make your own, as far as your daily driver... forget it, that little fan comes no where near the 400cfm you'd need to make boost.

·
Registered
8 Posts
These fans are running on 12v right? What if you took one of these fans (or whatever) and hooked it up to a transformer to boost the power to like 110v?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
:pat: 6 year thread! Post new thread on this subject.........besides, that air charger's a waste of time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts