3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this doesn't exist (because there are so many parameters coupled with mod variables), but could someone post a "perect" 1/4 mile scan of the most important parameters to help those of us new at tuning?

Kurt

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can elaborate some for you on the list that was already started

Trottle Position Sensor - look for 100%, if its less the throttle isn't getting all the way to the floor or you may need to adjust your tps

KR - 0 is ideal, you're looking at losing around 2 horse power for every degree of KR

Ign Advance - hopefully the max value for your pcm, any less will be KR related

Inj Pulse Widths - need to be less than 120000 divided by your RPM, if they are higher than that you are need bigger injectors

LTFT - 0 is ideal because when you go full throttle the pcm "locks" in at the last fuel trim it had. So if you are running rich then go full throttle it will be rich at full throttle too. You will need a mini afc or pcm tuner to do any adjusting with LTFT

IAT - As close to the ambient temperature as possible, lets you know you're getting nice cool air to the engine

O2 bank1 sensor1 - look for values of .9 to .930 at full throttle, the higher the number the richer your car is running. Don't worry about it at less than full throttle as it doesn't mean anything then.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My scan

Here's a graph of one of my scans.

http://people.msoe.edu/~oblamskn/GTP/Pictures/Data/WOT.htm

My O2 looks good like u said at WOT, its around .9 or a little above. But looking at my spark advance, it varys all over. This scanner was just something my dad had laying around and it doesn't scan KR, but what do you think about the SA. Especially after WOT when i let off of the throttle and was coasting, the SA went to 0. I guess if someone could kinda explain that all to me, that would be great!

Nick

·
Banned
361 Posts
Here are some decent scans, but obviously he is still running too rich.
The IPWs have to be ignored as well since it is an 04pcm.

This was an 04 with 42lb inj, 3.4, 1.9s, catback, and an intake.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I guess I was a little vague on my spark advance description. Its alot like the o2 sensor and really doesn't mean anything unless you're at full throttle. From looking at the log it seems like you start to get some KR towards the end of your full throttle run, because the spark advance has a small downward dip in it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My new data

Well, I decided to log some more data. On the graph in my previous post, that was when my car was stock. I logged some data today and i'm running a 3.4" pulley, FWI, 180* therm. At WOT, I used to be at around 17 degrees, maybe 16 as seen in the previous graph, but now i'm looking at like 11.5-12.5 degrees spark advance. Like i said before, I don't have a tool to monitor KR but with those values for SA, it seems like i'm getting a good amount of KR.

What do you think??

Nick

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would say you're looking at around 5 degrees KR now. The 16 degrees timing with the car stock would make sense because I'm pretty sure thats the max timing (at full throttle) a stock pcm will give you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.