3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

Well it's been too long waiting, but the time has come. I've got all my ducks in a row, and i'm going ahead with the build. :icon_twis

The motor is coming out tomorrow and being sent to the builders, and the trans arrived yesterday. Heads are on the way as well.

I'll post up a list of mods either tonight or tomorrow. Also, i'll be throwing up as many pics as I can as well as we go.

Keep your eyes peeled:)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Subscribing! :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
cant wait to see it dude. ps who's doing all your work up there?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll get a mod list and a few pics up tonight. Andrew, i'm having the motor work done by Armstrongs (A & J Automotive), and the install done by Larry Legere @ Portland Automotive & Speed. He does beautiful custom work and is really anal.

I'll be sure to post up the mod list later today! :)

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The MOD LIST (as promised)

From the bottom up:

ENGINE:

- Original block 0.030" over, 50% balanced w/ balance shaft delete
- JE 8.5:1 CC pistons
- Speed Pro Bearings (all the way around top to bottom)
- L32 Rods (Intense)
- Meziere Billet Flexplate (Intense)
- ATI-SFI 8 rib dampener
- Custom grind CAM by PRJ
- Custom length pushrods by MANTON
- Comp Cams OE-R lifters (W-Body Store)
- Custom heads by Mark Tischler (includes Ferrea Valves, fully thermal coated, 130LB springs with locks & retainers by Precision performance, T & D Rockers, etc. etc. etc.) ***these flow absolutely amazing***
- 1.2" taller valve covers by PRJ
- Full set of ARP fasteners from top to bottom (Intense)
- Double Rollmaster timing chain (Intense)
- Intense Oil Pressure Kit
- Machined Oil pump cover & oil pump rebuild kit
- Meziere Electric Water Pump (Intense)
- Magneson MP112 with custom TB adaptor
- Full IC system, including 2 x ice boxes to mount in the trunk
- Seimans 60lb/hr injectors (Intense)

TRANSMISSION:

Built by PRJ Performance.

- GMR Torsen Differential
- GMR 1" Chain with 3.29 gears
- GMR hardened channel plate sleeve
- ATI 3000 stall convertor
- 300M Input Shaft
- Raybestos clutches
- Shift Kit
etc. etc.

OTHER:

- Racetronix fuel pump with P&P harness
- PRJ fuel rails (coated black)
- LS1 MAF
- Aeromotive remote FPR
- TOG Extreme 1-3/4" headers
- Oversized Aluminum radiator
- 3" electric cutout (Race Ready Performance)

I think there's more, but I'll assume you get the point by now. I'll try and get some pics up now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More pics:)

:icon_twis

As I get better pics of the heads i'll be sure to post them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
yes, thats what i like to see. and +1 for the Electonic Cut-out. so where are you going to place it. i have it just after the DP section on my car. Real bad ass. And don't forget to keep us posted with pictures.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I used to have it like this, it was ridiculous:

The outlet facing down of course.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Thanks, I got rid of the electric cutout because it was leaking too much when closed, I had to hit the button sometimes to kinda make it close better but after a while it would open up again just enough to irritate me. It was an older style butterfly valve. Later I was going to use a cheap 8PSI wastegate solenoid which would keep it shut with its spring and open it only under boost but I never went that route.

Now back to your thread, we want more pics :)

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, I got rid of the electric cutout because it was leaking too much when closed, I had to hit the button sometimes to kinda make it close better but after a while it would open up again just enough to irritate me. It was an older style butterfly valve. Later I was going to use a cheap 8PSI wastegate solenoid which would keep it shut with its spring and open it only under boost but I never went that route.

Now back to your thread, we want more pics :)
I was on the fence over the Cutout, as I know a lot of them will pass. I had heard good things about the "Race Ready" kit, so decided to go for it anyway. Worst case scenario I pull it.

I'll get a few more pics up later of the DIFF & Chain :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
im interested in brandons question too. i been looking for a mp112 supercharger but not haveing any luck. the only ones i can find are the m112 for a cobra adn they have the inlet for the throttle body that wraps around instead of straight back like us fwd people need lol

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I have a set of quad rotor Whipples. Ironically the snout is damn near the perfect length. The problem is they are 2 seperate chargers that sit on one engine. One on each head basically so I can't use them :( Gotta look for more power elsewhere and the MP112 taint a bad start.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
if you wanted to do a incredible amount of fab work im sure you could make them work ;)

but in the end its still fwd :icon_sad:

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The "kit" was all custom done quite some time ago. The snout support, TB adaptor, LIM adaptor plate, IC Core etc.

It would take a bit of fabbing for sure. Not too sure if they would still be interested, but try getting a hold of Todd @ Intense (or John) and they might able to lead you in the right direction.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts