3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm saving up money for a TC and gears for next spring. I have a CSC'd L36. Has anyone experienced any problems with these items that I should be aware of before I make the purchase? Any advice or recommendations? I am going to DYNOTECH for installation of course.I was looking at a TC350 and 3.69:1 gears. And of course the VSS and SRC. Would these be alright for a daily driver? I don't want the car to be a pain to drive on the street, but I want some good power at the track. I already have a HD conversion with LSD and a shift kit.
Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tc/gears

I'm saving up money for a TC and gears for next spring. I have a CSC'd L36. Has anyone experienced any problems with these items that I should be aware of before I make the purchase? Any advice or recommendations? I am going to DYNOTECH for installation of course.I was looking at a TC350 and 3.69:1 gears. And of course the VSS and SRC. Would these be alright for a daily driver? I don't want the car to be a pain to drive on the street, but I want some good power at the track. I already have a HD conversion with LSD and a shift kit.
Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
if your gonna drive it a lot on the street id say stay around 3000 or so on the stall. If you go with 3.69's and a big stall will make for some interesting street drivin

·
Banned
189 Posts
Howdy,

I think a TCC 350 or TCC 400 would really compliment your power adder, however, streetability will become an issue. I have driven a couple of high horsepower cars on the street with both options, and I can tell you that they are not good for a daily driver. A TCC 300 would probably the best choice for daily driving. Another option would be to try a TCC 350, and if it is too loose for your liking, pull it out and sell it, the get a TCC 300.

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But isn't the tc300 the same stall as a stock L36? So other than the savings in weight, I really wont be getting much of a benefit. What about a tc3200? That would kind of be right in the middle of performance and streetability.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Howdy,

Please understand that with a c.s.c., you no longer have an L36. You sre correct in that a TCC-300 would be similar in stall to an L36 converter, however it is way more durable.
With that said, if your stock L36 converter is too tight for your liking, then perhaps a TCC-350 will better suit you!

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same exact setup, 3500 stall and 3.69 gears. The 3500 is plenty fine for street driving, and with the CSC it's important to stay as high in the rev range as possible to maximize power. The 3.69's will allow you to use your powerband in 3rd gear at the track to finish strong.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I understand that a csc doesn't act like a stock L36 but it's not like an M90 either. The csc has it's power cure at a much higher rpm. And with my other mods that bring that power curve up, HVII, VS Cam, Headers, a higher stall would be beneficial. I have spoken with some other people with a csc and a TC4000! Their car is still a daily driver and performs quite well on the street.

Big Jeff, I'm a little confused as to what you mean by "too lose" or "too tight". Could you please explain?
Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
a loose convertor has a higher stall, a tighter convertor has a lower stall, a t/c slips, the more it slips the higher the lock up speed, and vice versa for a lower stall

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.