3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been dealing with this for quite some time now. It seems no matter what size bar (mm) or bushing I replaced with, it always hit the engine craddle by the passenger side on hard shifting at WOT and I know it could cause false KR. I did use energy suspenssion brakets and bushing at one time but they are so flimsy they just snap into pieces and I`m runing out of ideas.
Any advise?

·
Banned
189 Posts
Luis,

I have heard of people flipping the sway bar, But the only time I solved this issue was to heat that section of the cradle with a torch, and form a pocket for clearance. Of course the cradle was out of the car for trans work.

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
37 Posts
Flipping the bar worked for me when I installed the beafy RAT swaybar.

Hey Big Jeff, how about helping me install the RAT swaybar with my 2004 aluminum cradle? I want to stiffen the suspension to improve launches. What do you think?

Scott
INTENSE 97.5 GS

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the fliping already to prevent it from hiting the downpipe, but is the swaybar right side that hits the cradle on high torque now. :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Where is it contacting? Is it one of the main vertical rails? How close is the driver's side to contacting? Why the asymmetry?

Scott

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Dr. Speed said:
Where is it contacting? Is it one of the main vertical rails? How close is the driver's side to contacting? Why the asymmetry?

Scott
Sorry about the bad art, but this can give you an idea

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Luis the pic you posted is asking for a username and password

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
OOps! I'll fix it rite away... Gee, I hate comcast! so confusing just to post a simple pic.

here's the pic again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts