3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
you will need

the Gen V (duh)
TB adapter (u can choose to keep the L67 or maximize the setup with a 2000+ Northstar TB and Lq4 maf)
either a L32 lower or modify the L67 lower
you will need to modify the Gen V evap hole on the blower (block it off)
and a new Tune

·
Registered
230 Posts
need either aftermarket fuel rails or l32 fuel rails as they dont go over top of the charger like on a gen 3.

also depending what setup you go with my northstar hit the evap switch.. so i reused the old setup from 97 which is unquie to all cars 97 is the only setup with two pieces to the evap...

make sure they give you the right gasket and if you want 05 + s/c gaskets are reusable aluminum and very well built.....

i would also take the time to drill and tap the collant holes going into the s/c from the lim and plug them with brass plugs.....

you can use the l32 throtle body but its drive by wire so you need to modify things.....

oh and enjoy the whine difference it was emense on my car...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
need either aftermarket fuel rails or l32 fuel rails as they dont go over top of the charger like on a gen 3.

also depending what setup you go with my northstar hit the evap switch.. so i reused the old setup from 97 which is unquie to all cars 97 is the only setup with two pieces to the evap...

make sure they give you the right gasket and if you want 05 + s/c gaskets are reusable aluminum and very well built.....

i would also take the time to drill and tap the collant holes going into the s/c from the lim and plug them with brass plugs.....

you can use the l32 throtle body but its drive by wire so you need to modify things.....

oh and enjoy the whine difference it was emense on my car...

Heep please dont be offended, but you are incorrect on a few things.

You CAN reuse the stock L67 fuel rails, and CANNOT use the L32 fuel rails the Gen V is the same height and width, the only difference is there is no bolt hole on the the top of the blower

and you CANNOT use the L32 TB it is a drive by wire design meainig there is no throttle cable, you MUST use a L67/N*/ LS1 style TB

·
Registered
230 Posts
you can do what ever your limits are anything can be installed anywhere with some thought... and i was thinkign with a i/c....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'm new with modding the 3800's, but I've worked on quite a few at the dealership. :) I just picked up a '98 Regal GS with a ported supercharger, Plog (had to look up what that even stood for :icon_lol:), ported rear manifold, custom tune, shift kit, 3" downpipe, no cat, res, or egr..but a stock muffler. The car also has a cold air intake, 104 plugs, 160* stat, udwpp, and a 3.4" pulley.
I think I'd be safe stepping down to a 3.2", would you agree? We have 93 octane available and usually pretty cold up here in northern MI.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Without headers and/or rockers you should probably stay where you're at with the pulley and max your tune w/ timing

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
The 97s & 98s are a different animal. The alternator bracket will need to be swapped with a 99+ OR you will have to break open the back of the alternator, remove the stock stud, replace it with a full thread stud and bury the battery wire inside after modifying the alt case to accept it. That's what I did. It looks VERY clean and sneaky. I'll post the pic if you'd like. If you have a CAI you will need to modify the ducting as the charger/adapter plate will protrude another 2.5-3 inches toward the drivers side. You will need to move the throttle cables out of their holders and toy with them to get them not to bind on you. The TB might interfere with the brake lines, this wasn't so on my car, but it was very close. On the supercharger inlet to the adapter plate, DO NOT use form-a-gasket unless you plan on letting it sit for a day or so. I like the garlock material where you just cut your own. It's a very good time to use some header wrap on the crossover too. It will keep your TB MUCH cooler and the entire engine bay cooler. You will need a bendable magnet tool for all the nuts and bolts you drop. You will also need (1) M8x1.25x120 bolt, and (1)M8x1.25x140 bolt no matter what car you have. You can reuse the (7)M8x1.25x45 smaller bolts that come off the gen III. I know I'm missing a thing or two :(

·
Registered
230 Posts
i used permetex right stuff gasket maker on all s/c to i/c seals and the i/c seal itself and i/c to lim and tb to adaptor plate and adaptor plate to inlet and i have no leaks in fact i dare you to try and seperate them lol that **** sticks.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
and star6ted within 4 hours of being laid with no vac leaks either...

·
Registered
23 Posts
"and star6ted within 4 hours of being laid"

I had to go back and read your previous post to reconcile the intended meaning of the word "laid"!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts