3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
959 Posts
For things like this, you'll want to get ahold of the pin-outs for each PCM harness to have the full answer. If the PCM hardware was totally different, you've got extra work to do for compatibility. If the transmission is different, you're also in a bad way (97's were a holdover in most of these cars as 1st attempt OBD2 components, and many parts from the previous era... this was eventually resolved by 1998, with variety in 1997's).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For things like this, you'll want to get ahold of the pin-outs for each PCM harness to have the full answer. If the PCM hardware was totally different, you've got extra work to do for compatibility. If the transmission is different, you're also in a bad way (97's were a holdover in most of these cars as 1st attempt OBD2 components, and many parts from the previous era... this was eventually resolved by 1998, with variety in 1997's).
Okay thank you so much this helps I’ll update what I find out

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would say not without any kind of reflashing thats if the pins match up. '97 was kind of a hairy year. There were some differences in the '95-97 series II 3800 from the '98 & newer ones. I believe mainly with the vacuum lines. Even so the donor vehicle could either have the 4t60e or 4t65e trans that year. I don't think the 4t65ehd came out until '98 which would be the trans you have. All have different gear ratios.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts