3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all I'm new here In search of some info I have a complete L32 super charged 3800 that I wanna put into my 1990 oldsmobile 88 which had an LN3 3800 in it what I'm wondering is what I will have to change to make it work obviously the wireing and computer and stuff but will I have to make new engine mounts and stuff or are they fairly similar thank you for your time

·
Administrator
1,249 Posts
You should be able to get the H-body mounts from a Series 2 3800-equipped Bonneville/88/Park Ave/Le Sabre/Riviera/etc. that would make the mounting fairly straight forward. I converted a 1995 Riviera from a Series 1 to 2 s/c engine&trans back in '08, and might've even been able to use the mounting brackets from the older 3800, I don't recall if they had the same attachment points on the old engine (James may have insight, if he sees this).

·
Registered
148 Posts
I assume it bolts right up to the converter and all that, but isn't a stock L67 going to roast a 4T60E or 440-T4 pretty quickly? Is it worth swapping the 4T65E as well? I think there are some challenges with that too if I'm not mistaking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts