3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi evrybody out there and thanks for letting me join your group.
First i wanna excuse my bad english, I´m located in Germany.

I searched the Posts here but didn´t find answers to my questions.

I own a 1996 Park Avenue (and some other US cars). Now i wanna swap the 3800 supercharged from a 1999 Park Ave ultra into my 1996 with 3800 Series 2

First Problem is the wiring harness. The harness of the 99 is difficult and ECM on the 1999 is located next to the airfilter intake. The ECM of the 1996 is located behind the dashboard passenger side as far as i know.
So there is no chance to use the harness and ECM of the 1999 (tell me if i´m wrong)

Can i use the ECM of my 1996 for the 1999 engine? I think i have to optimize it or program it? Who could do this)
What would you suppose to do with the wiring harness? Do i have to change it? Where can i get new harnesses?

What would you do?

Would be great to get some advices. Thanks a lot

·
Administrator
959 Posts
You'd need to basically convert as much as possible, including harness and transmission, to the 1999 for the best chance of success. The first years of Series 2 3800's had legacy components from the early 1990's, and you'll be converting it to parts and electronics that would be more compatible and interchangeable with the 1998-2002 era, which had the most common components among these cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts