3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a quick question, I have a 2002 LeSabre with a cracked head and I want to drop a supercharged L67 into it, but a friend warned me about needing a different ECU to match the new motor. I can't seem to find anywhere online where this process has been done and I'm new to "flashing" ECU's and whatnot. The motor is from a 1997 Grand Prix GTP.
So, my tl;dr questions are:

-Can I use the stock ECU that's already in the Lesabre to run the new L67?
-Does the transmission need any kind of modification in order to accommodate the increased torque, or can it handle it as long as I'm not drag racing with it and taking it easy?

I'm not looking to make this car a performance machine... Just something to get me back and forth. Any help is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Dyno Brain can help you with the PCM. He should not have a problem making the changes it needs to be boost friendly.

As for the tranny, it would be better to have an l67 trans. The stock one will hold for awhile, but even with "normal" driving it will go out.

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Dyno Brain can help you with the PCM. He should not have a problem making the changes it needs to be boost friendly.

As for the tranny, it would be better to have an l67 trans. The stock one will hold for awhile, but even with "normal" driving it will go out.
Looks like I need to get you on payroll. :icon_twis

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts