3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the stroker kit available at zzp? Im interested in any feedback on it.. The idea of having a 4.1 liter is very interesting..

·
Registered
34 Posts
PLEASE make a forged version!!!!!

Us nitrous people would LOVE it!!!!!!!

My rwtq is higher than your test mules failure limit
My rwhp isn't far off

I want a direct port 150 shot w/ my built motor....... but.... with my 100 shot I'm not far off those failure levels...... so I shall continue with the stock junk yard engine.... sigh....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Why is that stroker kit so expenisive?

Are the mains different from the origanal 3.8 to the series II?
Thier was a Origanal 4.1L Buick V6 offererd in the 80's. Maybe you can use the crank and rods from that and get custom pistons to fit in the Series II but thatll only work if the mains are the same

·
Registered
124 Posts
the reason its so expensive is the R&D that went into it. Sure the cost of the components are cheaper than the asking price, but they need to front some money for the R&D and need to make that up. I personally am thinking about the stroker instead of the turbo

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
i only know of one car with the 4.1 storker in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thier was a Origanal 4.1L Buick V6 offererd in the 80's. Maybe you can use the crank and rods from that and get custom pistons to fit in the Series II but thatll only work if the mains are the same
I think they are differetn one being odd the other even kinda like a 4.3L crank different from 3800. I did some little research on these the GN guys grab them up for there cars. But we cant use any parts from them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts