3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have pretty much torn apart my entire front passenger side looking for this thing. It all started after I did the ol' drop half the engine wheelwell cam swap. It seems everytime that I turn left I get what sounds like a clicking sound coming from my right front, I have inspected both CV boots and they are in good shape. It does occur every 360* rotation of the wheel. And it seems the harder I turn left the louder the sound. The sound seems to be exterior because it doesnt sound muffled or like a clunk like a CV joint would and it doesnt do it any other time other than turning left, if anyone has any clue maybe I can stop pulling my hair out. Thanks in advance.

Note to Mods and Admins: I had no idea where to post this so feel free to move it, but I thought it was around the same area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree possibly CV

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah it sounds like you have blown your CV. Just because the boots look good doesn't mean that the CV is good. But hey I do have some good news. I saved a bunch of money by switching my insurance to Geico.
Tate

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really dont think it is the CV joint purely due to the fact that its only when I turn left and it doesnt sound like its muffled or baffled at all, sounds very much like it is external. But I dont really want to buy a new half shaft for no reason.

·
Registered
4 Posts

see if your sway bar is hitting, i believe on the gps guys have turned it around to avoid it hitting the frame, look for any wear marks on the frame
The reason why we flip the front sway bar is to prevent the downpipe knocking. Sure as hell sounds like a CV joint to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts