3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a Elantra, with an intake and an exhaust, (you know the normal ricer set up). And I believe thats all its got, no bottle. Do you think my Stock 97' GTP will eat that little ricer?? Cas I'm willing to but my title on the line, cas I know hes stupid enough to do it. I just wanna kno if in the dumb one..... :confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just saw the typo in your title
Stock 97' GTO
97 GTO? Ah, GTP. :rolleyes:
Hmm don't know much about Hyundai's but my guess is you'll win.

·
Registered
243 Posts
In my opinion I would never bet titles. Try to think of a worse case scenario. Lets say you get a bad launch, although it would have to be really bad, pop a tire, brake something, or maybe his car is on the bottle. Now you just lost to a feakin Hyundai and to add insult to injury, he's driving home in his new GTP. If you want to race, race. For a few bucks fine. A happy meal or a pizza, go for it. But NEVER bet your car bro.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx man, your right, it'd suck if my fuel pump went, ive not been having the best time with it lately, but i was saying race after i get the pump hotwire kit, but still your right that would majorly suck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
if hes got no boost or n20 u'll walk him, if he would be willing to bet his car i personally would do it.

i have enough personal confidence in myself and what i've done to my car thatit wouldnt fail in a street race.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm not saying he wont win. In all probability he'll destroy him. But for me it seems the stakes are a little too high. Most people don't have the money to go and buy another car. If he wants to race that bad, I say go for it. But not for the car. He said he was having trouble with his fuel pump anyway. You never know what can happen. Cash makes things interesting and it supplements your budget for future mods. If nothing else use the race as experience with a little cash as bonus. At the track of course. No street racing allowed. ;) But to each his own.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If it was me

Never bet your title but you could say best of 3 and do it at a track so say something goes out in 1 run you have two more to beat him then you sell his car and make your car faster and then you will beat him worse when he gets his next car. As you can tell im kidding but if he is that dumb and he would bite then id do it. Or if he is 100% he would give you his car if you won i would go buy a bottle and use like a 50 to be safe and you still make way out. By the way im joking

·
Registered
784 Posts
Betting titles is for TV, spoiled rich kids, and fools. If someone is willing to put up the title of their car over something as silly as a 1/4 mi run, they either can afford another one, or know something about their car that you don't. Which would then make you the fool. Either way, race, have fun, and drive home don't hitchhike.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I know for a fact you would win, unless he has tricks up his sleve. But think about it this way even if you do win what good is an elantra? He has nothing to lose but you have a GTP on the line dont risk it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.