3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I just picked up a kit car with a L67 from as SSEI SC. I have the original engine, trans, PCM wiring harness fuse boxes, etc. I am trying to wire up the engine bulkhead to get the engine started. Does anyone know the bulkhead pins, what needs grounded, constant power, ignition power. I have the purple starter relay wire isolated and I the OBD2 port wires. I've tried to find standalone harness directions, not much detailed info on using the original to create a standalone.

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
There's info on the Fiero sites for what the PCM needs for signals. The main harness should mostly live with the engine and computer. Beyond that, the wires to the interior are fairly minimal for overall power and dash needs.

I'd have to look when I get home for the diagram I used to rewire a Fiero swap years ago (or dig into a manual to get a pic for the PCM/sensor connector pin-outs... you should be able to track this down from a quick search around).

Hunt around some sites like FastFieros, Fiero.nl forum, and WestCoastFieros (as a starting point). They're less active now, but alot of the basic info is still available without necessarily having the full service manual for a 3800 car.

Reactions: wesrb

·
Registered
6 Posts
I cant help with the technicals but did want to compliment your purchase. Thats a bad arse looking machine. Do you know how much it weighs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant help with the technicals but did want to compliment your purchase. Thats a bad arse looking machine. Do you know how much it weighs?
Thanks Jake that would be awesome!
It was 1900 lbs by design with a Chevy 2.8 transaxle. With the 3.8 might be a little over 2000. Once I get it running I plan to get it weighed. Weight to HP should be really good.

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
Thanks to whomever reported the spam reply. The forum usually catches 95% of them.

For the project, what is the base chassis, Fiero, MR2, tubular, other?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to whomever reported the spam reply. The forum usually catches 95% of them.

For the project, what is the base chassis, Fiero, MR2, tubular, other?
This is a tube frame as built by the original kit manufacturer. Kit was built for a Citation 2.8 v6. Previous owner installed a 1996 SSEI SC L67 3.8 v6. Mechanically its all in place, I am trying to finish up the wiring, it doesn't appear too overly complex, but finding a wiring diagram for a 1996 SSEI is much harder than what I have found for other cars. From what I found there only seems like a few pins on the PCM that need power and ground, I'm just trying to make sure I don't overlook or fry anything.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You don't need a new wiring harness or PCM. You can configure the existing 3800SC harness to work stand alone. If you use the harness with the 3800SC power center/fuze box, the connectors to the PCM, injectors, and the sensors are already in place. IIRC, the PCM needs a 12V supply, a couple of ground connection ignition power, connections to the cooling fan and a few others. Its around 7 connections. Then the PCM needs reprogramming to disable the VATS and other inputs that are not used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts