3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine wants to install a stage 2 blower cam in his car on stock heads. Is it possible using cut down retainers and shorter valve seals?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I want to know this too. :confused:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Pretty sure it is using the modified retainers and viton valve seals...however, that cam is really meant for heads that have been ported and polished.

You would really be better off going with a smaller cam like the S1X in this case. Or, just wait and buy heads too. :D

Brad

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I agree with everything Brad said above.

It can be done with milled retainers and shorter valve seals, but a smarter approach in our view is to run a cam with slightly less lift (such as the Stage 1X Blower grind) and not have to worry about living on the edge.

Scott

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, I been trying to talk him into the Stage1X Cam, but he loves the idle of my Stage 3 stuff :p
Told him to just pull a plug wire if he wants his to idle like mine :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mr. INTENSE said:
I agree with everything Brad said above.
Below! I can't read this! CG the messages go backwards help!!! :D :confused:

haha...nevermind, i got it...that's right, double major in computer science & engineering :cool:

·
Banned
361 Posts
It can be done with milled retainers and shorter valve seals, but a smarter approach in our view is to run a cam with slightly less lift (such as the Stage 1X Blower grind) and not have to worry about living on the edge.
:D

I am trying out the stage2 cam on stock heads. I hope it lasts.

·
Registered
128 Posts
In some cases you may end up going SLOWER than if you simply went with the 1x grind as it will work better with the flow charicteristics of the stock heads. Cams like the 1x and VS on stock heads work VERY well... and if you do a little bit of exhaust tweaking you can get it to lump like it's got a bigger cam. You can even lower the idle down to make it bump more. I run a VS and it sometimes sounds a lot deeper and lumpy than my Fiance's XP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts