3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month i bought a maf from a company called am-autoparts. On ebay. I spent 135.00 on it. And they wanted 175 at my local parts store. Well i get this part and on the box it says "this part requires a special reprogram of the ecm. I contact them and they wont tell me. I ask my local parts guy. He has no idea. I ask my local pontiac service guy. And he has no clue. The only thing either of them tell me is that i might have to flash my ecm. Now. The dealer wants 70 bucks to do it. Any ideas from the folks here?

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
Only way to tell is to install the maf and have some do some scans.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i own a obdcom scan tool that works on my laptop. before i had trouble. it read all the functions of the MAF in a gauge and % format perfectly. but after i installed the new unit. it wont read the MAF at all. i get the P0102 error code. the car idles up and dies out repeatedly on start up, it has hesitation in revving up in park. chugs and spits and sputter's on accelleration, boggs down and wont maintain a constant run when you step on the gas until you let off the gas alittle bit. and the check engine light stays on and or flashes when i press the gas hard. the car runs and acts typically like a faulty MAF. but my biggest problem is that AM-AUTOPARTS WONT HELP OR TELL ME WHAT THE "SPECIAL" REPROGRAM IS.
I AM GUESSING THAT A "SPECIAL" REPROGRAM WOULDNT BE THE SAME AS FLASHING THE ECM? would it?? thanks folks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts