3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if we could open a Audio section in here, Im just starting to set up my own system and Its always good to hear from other peoples experiences.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
i agree with Jason. Good suggestion but that is not the focus of this board.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Every other board in the world has an audio section,why does 3800tech need one? I say keep it simple and to the point stick to performance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'd like an audio section. I'm about to install an amp and subwoofer setup. I need info on proper installation with a bose system.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Why would this forum not be a place for stereo upgrades? This forum contains info from sealing windows to an entire section on marine application. Many 3800 owners are young and a thunderous stereo is important to them. Learning how to install an aftermarket system neatly and with a professional look when your done would be a perfect topic for this forum. Considering this forum covers every other aspect of 3800 powered cars why not a section covering sound systems? I'm sure there are plenty of technical questions on electrical hook-ups etc. I mean it's not like this will compromise the integrity of the forum or anything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hate to disagree, but I'm going to. A forum that is targeting performance modifications would be the LAST place I would look concerning audio. There are a lot of resources out there that are geared for the audio scene, which, in my opinion, is a class all its own, as it should be. If you need help finding some, let me know. I have a whole rolodex full.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Actually I don't have an aftermarket stereo. I personally don't need stereo info. What comes with the car is fine with me. I just see every car topic under the sun discussed on this forum. From leaky windshields to brakes, tires and rims. It seems kind of pointless to exclude one and only aspect of auto upgrades (aftermarket stereo systems) and saying that shouldn't be included in the forum. If a guy was going to show up at your house and force you to read stereo info on this forum you would have a point. If there is a section on stereo upgrades a person doesn't have to look at it. But, if you need to look at it for some info, it will be there. What will it hurt? Beats jumping from forum to forum for info on the same type of car. I never read the info on west coast events, east coast etc. I live in Mich. But that doesn't mean I don't think those threads should be there. The only problem with a stereo section is it could turn into a brand "X"or brand "y" which is better. As opposed to tech, electrical info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.