3800Pro Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, New here but not to engines/machinery.
Way way back, I dated several different kinds of girls with different tastes in what they drank. Some strictly champagne, some high priced wine, some cheap wine, and then the ones that could drink 'shine' in between shootin beer..
I found that the ones that liked champagne were H I G H maintenance, either emotionally or 'mechanically' and as you go so called 'downward', it became evident that (like a military vehicle) that they could 'RUN' on pretty much anything. It's just that the lower down the ladder you went, you HAVE to deal with things like HD grill, extra large cab, knobby tires, WIDE spaced gearing, and black exhaust..:icon_eek:

I've been reading of these SC 3800 motors for a little bit, (like when the Stalker V6 came out) but it seems that one HAS TO run Premium unleaded and at almost 4$/gal, and driving about 300 miles a week might in itself be a deterrent against this setup. Especially if commuting is more than I.

Has anyone that has gone through the SC motor gone the "coatings" route, where they coated piston crowns, combustion chambers and valve heads.
I don't see much on TUNING the ECU/ECM's either. Is there one that's better than others (serial # wise)
I read of retarding timing. Is that done mechanically or through a computer?
And are there any write-ups on stripping down a harness to make a 'stand-alone' one for a Locost, rat rod or NON Gm car/machinery?
(I have a '60 Hydrodyne with a 4cyl Volvo that would be cool to transplant to..)
Also, are there any books that one can purchase on these motors/swaps?

Thanks
E

·
Registered
12 Posts
the Swap In Reverse,(SC Bottom end and NA top end). you will get a "Stronger" bottom end BUT, you will be LOWERING your Compression !
does that answer your Question ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have read this, but I do have a question in regards to the blocks themselves. Are the blocks engineered in the same way, or identical? Is it possible to take a block from the NA motor and strip it down, rebuild it and mod it as if it were one with the supercharger on it? I have never built a motor before and this would be my first time so im heavy on research before I just dive in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Brilliant info. Engine issue is important. Fuels are offset a bit by higher octane gas. Keeping boost at reasonable levels as well as knowing the limits of your mechanical components. My son's CRV 2019 needs more info from these posts indeed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
okay, I agree some but there's one question can i just swap in other way? Or what have mentioned is the only way. Actually i have ever come across the same things with my Civic malaysia. And I searched on the internet and find very significant solution in Civic review. Thax god!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts