3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my S2 PCM installed tonight and I remember reading about the security relearn process. Well I got into the car, tried to start it and left the key in the on position for about 15 minutes. I turned it off and then accidentally turned the key to start instead of the ON position, it fired right up. I drove it all over the place and it seemed just fine. Do I need to try this procedure again or am I ok?
Also, im pretty sure I need a case learn since I have not had one done since I installed the cam and the PCM, etc.etc. Am I right here?
Last thing, does the PCM go through a learning process? I know a stock one will, just dont know if the Re-coded ones do. At first it was only shifting at around 5800 rpms, but on the way home tonight it was hitting around 6200.
Thanks for any help fellas.
JT

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The security relearn if only for certain cars. What car do you have?

Yes you should get a case learn done.

Yes your car will have to learn the new PCM. Give it a day or so to learn everything.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Merc said:
The security relearn if only for certain cars. What car do you have?

Yes you should get a case learn done.

Yes your car will have to learn the new PCM. Give it a day or so to learn everything.
Thanks Merc
I have a 2000 montecarlo. So it is in the list. But it runs fine and the FOB works fine too. What exactly is this security function? Whats its purpose?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.