Stock cam
Extensively ported upper and lower intake
Extensively ported heads
SLP 1.8 roller rockers
titanium retainers
105 springs
stock timing chain
HP tuners

Now, N/A times don't mean much to me. I'm a nitrous guy. I have always focused on the nitrous times and the N/A times have taken care of themselves.

On my v6fbody boards everyone tells me I went "too big" with the roller rockers. They were expensive... and seemed to work for me.

Is there a good cam for me with this valvetrain I have?
Would it be benificial to change the valvetrain to something less dramatic so I can go more agressive with cam?
What else would be a good suggestion to do at the time of cam change?

Obviously timing chain.

Thanks in advance.

I've asked this question on my v6fbody boards and never really gotten a great answer. There are many more experienced people here with extensive internal engine mods so I figured I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Get flow numbers from your heads and try and match a cam to that, keeping in mind you may need to change to a stiffer spring dependent on cam lift.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you wanted to keep your SLP rockers. You would need to have your head machined(valve guides i believe) to accept that amount of lift. You would be looking at lifts greater than .570 most likely with the SLP rockers. I think your best bet would be to go back to stock rockers if you decided to get a cam, which I think you should. ;)

As far as which cam, I think the ZZP GT cam might be nice, but I am not very familiar with what nitrous likes.

·
Registered
346 Posts
James,

How much lift can your heads handle? I mean, when you reworked your heads did you also machine the guides to accept more lift?

FWIW, I'm running the INTENSE blower/nitrous cam and from my limited trials it seems to love the juice. However, I don't know how well that will work without the blower.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts