3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First you should know this is a 1997 Camaro! lol
my mods www.turbov6camaro.com/mod.html

i have the DIS-4, AND the Multi-channle boost retard module. i had got these before HP tuners said they would do 1997 PCMs.

so
should i just tune the PCM? or tune the pcm and alow the MCBR to retard for boost and make a timing curve on that

OR

i know you L67 guys can tell how much boost your making cause of your map sensors and the pcm can have set timing and fuel tables in it for boost,
but how can I get this to work with my PCM? this would ultamy be the best/safer way and the best gains if i could just use a 3bar map and tune the PCM.

I'm looking for any INFO you have at all that has been proven or is fact.

if i dont need the MCBR i'm going to sell it. lol

thanks andrew.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Andrew,

I really can't comment on the best way to use the MCBR, but as for the rest of your question, have you considered using a 2 bar MAP from a GTP and tuning using GTP code? I think that would at least be closer to your actual application than the original NA PCM would be. Just a thought.

John

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
johnt said:
Andrew,

I really can't comment on the best way to use the MCBR, but as for the rest of your question, have you considered using a 2 bar MAP from a GTP and tuning using GTP code? I think that would at least be closer to your actual application than the original NA PCM would be. Just a thought.

John
so that will work then? if so thats what i will do only thing can my PCM take the code???

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think it may, but I can't say for sure. You may have to get a GTP PCM. Perhaps HP Tuners or Scott Cook would know for sure. Try emailing them. Also if you're using HP Tuners, there may be security issues with your 97 Camaro software talking to GTP code. You may want to check with them as well and see what they can do for you.

John

·
Registered
59 Posts
I say sell the MCBR and let the PCM do the work. I don't know how many turbo setups HP tuners has done, but I know DHP has a few under their belt.
I'm running a custom version of the L36 code, and the stock MAP sensor. But if I had the time and money I would get a 2 or 3bar MAP and adjust my PCM so that it could handle them. You may want to contact DHP before you dive into unknown territory, they have a few tricks that work well with turbo setups.

Clint
Turbo '98 Monte Carlo
[email protected]

·
Registered
127 Posts
In the next couple of weeks I will be trying to tackle this myself in connecting the GTP Map sensor (2-bar) to my NA L36 motor. I got the coding and the fuel tables adjusted for the new MAP, I just need the last part which is the wiring connector.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
umm thanks for the help guys... if you find out anything please let me know, i would contac DHP BUT i don't feel like paying them for a mail order tune, lol and i want to get this close on the street and then take it to a dyno and tune it on there. i am plaing on up to 20PSI so i would need a 3bar map

·
Registered
47 Posts
viper04af said:
umm thanks for the help guys... if you find out anything please let me know, i would contac DHP BUT i don't feel like paying them for a mail order tune, lol and i want to get this close on the street and then take it to a dyno and tune it on there. i am plaing on up to 20PSI so i would need a 3bar map
a 2 BAR MAP is good up to 28.8psi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts