3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple things.
Bear with me, first day on forum

I am going to do a Snout bearing rebuild. Do you know of a resource for instructions on the bearing replacement

Also, a newbie question I am sure..... I have been reading alot of the posts and hear alot mentioned about KR. Is that knock retard?? It seams this is something needing adjustment if mods are done. I never had heard of it as I had never been on any type forum until today . Can you shed light on KR

My mods are a 3.4 pully. 3.5 idler. Taylor wires(need new ones any suggestions) SLP cold air intake. Tr55 plugs.

Should I have made any adjustments I am not aware of and if so.how??

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
KR,(knock retard) is the PCM listening for detonation(knock) and pulling timing to compensate. The more boost you push, the higher potential for knock there is. The only way to know for sure about KR is to scan your car with one of the available scanners, Autotap, LS1M, Alex Pepper(sp). Either buy one or borrow one to determine how much KR your engine PCM is seeing and pulling timing to compensate for. To rebuild the snout, you will need a hydraulic press. Other than that, I would imagine it should be straight forward.

·
Registered
187 Posts
For the snout you will need the seals, bearings, and a press to put them in. Do you know for sure your bearings are bad? Odds are it's just the coupler wich is an easy fix. WPI can get you the bearings and seals I believe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, WPI had the best prices on the bearings and seal. Instructions are here:
Click Here

Don't forget the supercharger oil and replace the coupler with a ZZP one while your in there. I rebuilding my snout on Tuesday. I'll be taking the shaft to a machine shop to press on the new bearing though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts