3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i finally broke down and put a flange on the downpipe of the slp headers... for over 1.5yrs ive put up with the ever going ticking of exhaust leaks from the clamps....

we made our own "race pipe" with a flange at each end... only thing i need to do now is rewrap the flexpipe again... i didnt do it right the first time and the stuff rotted...

I would highly recommend for anyone who has them, to get the clamps removed and put on flanges. Next spring, im gonna remove the cross over and get some custom flanges made hopefully, and put some on the headers and cross over, and remove those clamps also..

·
Banned
361 Posts
Yeah I did this as well to my SLPs. I didn't do the crossover connections though. I have them torqued to Ed Morad's arm strength so I don't think they will leak.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah, I have been contemplating this, but haven't done it yet. My problem wasn't necessarily leaking, though. Putting down a good amount of power, it will pull the slip fits right apart (at the race pipe) right off the line under hard acceleration. It happened to me 3 times, before I gave in and had it welded. Now if I ever have to take them off, I guess I have no choice but to flange it, since I have to cut them to get them out. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts