3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my story. Since I changed the piston and added an XP to my setup the car doesn't want to stay running at first startup in the morning. After a couple of minutes its fine. But when I first start her up she idles very rough and at 400-550rpms and wants to die out. Also at more than half throttle she wants to stumble. Normal driving is fine. Just if I get on it harder it stumbles. So it seems under load it stumbles. From what I remember these are tell tale signs of a Vac leak. I do not have any IAC count numbers since our scanners do not log those yet. So I don't have hard proof of a vac leak and can't hear one. I am looking for advise from others that have had vac trouble.

P.S. I have replaced the vac lines to the boost controller, fuel reg, sc and map sensor and no help there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hummm......dont know.

I might also add that my car after a long drive, and you get her parked in a parking lot or drive way...sorta missfires, and "stumbles" like you say too untill you shut it off. Not all the time...she will run then "stumble" the RPM's go back to normal for a minute or two then the "stumble" comes back. When the RPM drops, my DIC and other interror lights seem like they have a drain on them, does you car do that? Kinda like your alternator stumbles too?

Sounds like a vaccum leak...or something else? :confused:

Whats your oil pressure like?

~Farnsworth~

·
Registered
108 Posts
My scanner logs IAC. We can get together sometime Wed evening to check, if you don't figure it out before then. Let me know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joe,
Give me a call. I listed my phone number on KCCGP for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts