3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
During my last run at the track this past weekend, I had to let off of the gas because something was shuddering. I am assuming it is a torque convertor issue. Would this be the correct assumption? Please explain ways of diagnosing a bad convertor so that I can fix it or forget about it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds like you need a PC soleniod. A bad PC solenoid will cause harsh shifts in city driving, launch shuddering, and harsh garage shifts. This is a very common problem. If a P0748 or P1811 is stored in the PCM, replace the PC soleniod and your problem will be solved. The problem needs to be pretty bad to set these codes though.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Joel,

P.c solenoids are generally the cause of this issue. However, valve bodies are likely to cause the same symptom. The valve in the valve body right behind the p.c. solenoid is call the torque signal regulator valve. If it binds AT ALL, it will create the same issue. I would replace both if I spent enough time to dig that far into the trans.

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
768 Posts
mine has done this also, but seems to only happen after the tranny temp starts going up. can temp have anything to do with it? or the fluid thinning out a bit? or is it just coincidence?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Frankie said:
mine has done this also, but seems to only happen after the tranny temp starts going up. can temp have anything to do with it? or the fluid thinning out a bit? or is it just coincidence?
Yes, when the PC Solenoid starts to get hot, the trans starts shifting hard and shuddering when launching.

·
Registered
768 Posts
ok, can the PC solenoid be replaced when a tranny fluid change is being done? anything else tha can be fixed/changed while doing this? Is it worth installing a shift kit at that point?

·
Registered
30 Posts
NO you can't get to the PC solenoid when the fluid is being changed. :( Its loacated on the valve body, which mean the side cover has to be removed. On the other hand, you can install a shift kit while changing the fluid. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts